Microblading is semi-permanent tattooing technique that uses a small blade to create hair like strokes. A manual blade is used to cut into the skin and then color is deposited into the cut. The procedure can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, depending on the client as well as the shaping part of the procedure.
The eyebrows are measured and a shape is created that is both suitable for the client's face shape will enhance other features.
Once the brow shape has been approved by the client, microblading will begin. We will start by matching the correct pigment to your skin tone. The artist does not apply a numbing agent until the second pass. This ensures the agent isn't going too deep into the skin. A numbing agent will be applied before the second pass.
It's important to follow aftercare instructions to ensure the best results. See aftercare instructions below.
Following aftercare instructions is vital to achieving the best results. You will be given a copy of the aftercare instructions after your procedure.
- NO creams, cleansers or make-up on the affected area for at least 14 full days after your procedure.
- NO water on the affected area for a minimum of 10 days. This part is extremely important! NO WATER whatsoever. This will include pool/sea water.
- Do not pick, rub, or scratch the affected area. Let it heal on its own. Scabbing is normal. If you are experiencing some dryness, you may apply a thing layer of vitamin A&D ointment, which will be provided to you.
- Avoid sleeping on your face or on your side for at least 10 days.
- Do not get any other facial treatments around the area for a minimum of 30 days. This includes botox, skin treatments, microdermabrasion, or chemical peels.
- Avoid the sun for at least 30 days after your procedure. Make sure to wear a hat, whenever you're unable to avoid the sun.
- Avoid heavy sweating for at least 2 weeks. This means no working out.
- Keep the area clean and sterile.
Please note that tenderness and swelling around the area immediately after the procedure and a few days after is normal and part of the healing process. Everyone heals differently and it generally takes anywhere from 7 to 10 days. Please remember that healing depends entirely on your skin and how you follow aftercare instructions. Please speak to us about your expectations prior to you booking your appointment.
What to do before your procedure
To maximize the procedure, it is important that you follow the procedures listed below prior to your scheduled visit.
- Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin or Vitamin E 24 hours before your procedure.
- No tanning, indoor or outdoor.
- No waxing or threading, at least 3 days prior to your visit
- No facial injections such as botox, restylane, etc,.
- No skin treatments, chemical peels or microdermabrasion at least 7 days prior to your visit.
- Do not work out the day of.
- No caffeine or alcohol for 24 hours prior to your visit.
- No smoking for 24 hours prior to your visit.
Do keep in mind that if you are scheduled during your menstrual cycle you will be more sensitive.
Microblading is not suitable for everyone.
- Excessively oily skin. When someone has oily skin, there is a chance that your skin won't take the pigment as well. This will then cause fading, which means you would need to come in sooner than the 12-18 months recommendation.
- Previous tattoo. Please schedule a consultation first before booking a microblading appointment. Consultations are complimentary.
- Botox injections or any other facial aesthetic procedures in the past 15 days.
- If you are suffering from the flu or a cold etc.,
- If you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you have a viral infection and/or diseases.
- If you are a Diabetic.
- If you have Epilepsy.
- If you are undergoing Chemotherapy.
- If you have an organ transplant.
- If you have a pacemaker or any major heart problems.
- If you have a skin irritation near the area being worked on.
- If you have used Accutane in the last 12 months.